The Decaphilo Club: novels, movies, and more.
The yearly subscription is valid from January 2022 until December 2022.
We meet once a month to discuss a book and/or a movie that we agree on. The virtual meetup is usually on the last Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm Madrid time.
List of books and movies discussed in 2022 so far:
- Heart of Darkness
- On the road
- Birds without Wings
- The Adventures of Augie March
- The Sovereign Individual
- Stranger than Fiction
List of books and movies discussed in 2021:
- Feline Philosophy, John Gray
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Viktor Frankl
- A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess
- Choice Theory, William Glasser
- The Idiot, Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Right to Sex, Amia Srinivasan
- Night Train to Lisbon, Pascal Mercier
- The Great Beauty, Paolo Sorrentino
- Rashomon, Akira Kurosawa
- The Lorax, Chris Renaud
This is an attempt to establish a community of independent thinkers in order to build bridges and exchange ideas.
Sign up for monthly philosophy discussions about a variety of topics including philosophical classics, literature, and movies.
When you sign up, you will be invited to join a Circle group where you will have access to the upcoming events, discussions, and Zoom meet-ups.
I will be holding a monthly discussion group via Zoom on a selected topic, and will eventually be organizing exclusive events where I'll be hosting other speakers as well.
A sample of topics of interest include:
- Applied ethics: AI, Bioethics, Environmental Ethics, Business Ethics
- Ancient philosophy
- Modern philosophy
- Contemporary philosophy
My ebook available for free download Sardonically Speaking: What Socrates, Stand-up Comedians and Rappers Have in Common (eBook).
Here's a link to my blog:
You can also subscribe to my mailing list to keep up-to-date: